Trust Marvel Studios to always come up with something different and unique even if it is merely doing a movie reboot. That would seem to be what the film production company will be doing with the “Spider-Man” movie reboot starring Tom Holland.
After the ground-breaking agreement between Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios, Spider-Man will officially join the Marvel cinematic universe.
Although the solo reboot movie will come out in cinemas on July 28, 2017, the web-slinging superhero will already make his debut next year via the movie “Captain America: Civil War” where he will be brushing elbows with the Avengers, with the exception of Thor and the Incredible Hulk.
Initial reports indicate that Marvel has decided to take the story of Peter Parker, the alter ego of Spider-Man, to high school and as such the writers and directors are looking to emulate the work of John Hughes coming-of-age teen films of the past in doing the “Spider-Man” film reboot.
But what will set the movie apart from previous iterations of “Spider-Man” films when it was still under Sony Pictures, is the new villain that Marvel is planning to incorporate in the upcoming movie reboot.
Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed that the company will be featuring a new villain that has never been seen by fans on the big screens from previous “Spider-Man” films. That means that the likes of the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Lizard, and Venom will not be Spider-Man’s nemesis in the film reboot.
According to Screen Rant, the wall-crawling superhero will actually battle Kraven the Hunter, which was previously teased as early as June. Accordingly, it was Sony vice president of creative affairs Karen Moy’s recent Amazon purchase of the iconic ‘Kraven’s Last Hunt’ paperback that gave fans the idea about Spidey’s opponent in the movie reboot.
However, until Marvel Studios make the official confirmation, which the production company normally does, those reports about Kraven the Hunter remain as speculation at this time.
Excited for new ‘Spider-Man’
Although he shall no longer be playing the role of the web-slinging superhero in the “Spider-Man” movie reboot, reports say that Andrew Garfield, who played the role of Peter Parker and Spider-Man in “The Amazing Spider-Man” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” says that he is super excited in finally seeing the superhero join the Marvel cinematic universe.
According to the International Business Times of UK, Garfield was actually pushing for the inclusion of Spider-Man in the Marvel cinematic universe when he was still playing the part until 2014.
In a recent interview, Garfield said that there were indeed plans for “The Amazing Spider-Man 3” but it was eventually cut short as Sony decided to drop it altogether for a fresh start of the franchise with Marvel.
The 31-year-old actor disclosed that he was actually starting to workshop ideas with Alex Kurtzman, who was going to be writing “The Amazing Spider-Man 3” and that they got to pretty heavy places as they explored the character after the death of Gwen in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.”
While he does not deny feeling a bit of regret for not having the chance to do another Spider-Man film, Garfield said that he is really grateful for Sony for the entire ride and that he is quite excited for the next one. He added that he is happy that Spider-Man will finally be hooking up with Marvel, the way he was hoping for right from the start.
Marvel has officially announced 19-year-old Tom Holland as the new star to take on the role of Peter Parker in the upcoming movie reboot of the web-crawling superhero as he officially makes his debut in the Marvel cinematic universe.
While the “Spider-Man” movie reboot is due to hit theaters on July 28, 2017, Tom Holland as Peter Parker and Spider-Man will formally be introduced into the Avengers fold with his cameo appearance in “Captain America: Civil War” which would be released on May 6, 2016.